Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Plans and Being Green

Today is the first day where it feels real that Thanksgiving is upon us.  I am left wondering where the majority of November went.  I am excited about Emily coming home for a few days and the gathering of friends and family that is Thanksgiving Day.  The amount of food we are making always seems to be overwhelming and not doable, and yet somehow magically it happens and everything pulls together!  All the core-members at Cleveland at spending Thanksgiving with their families.  This is especially nice as it means no one has to work that day.  I am driving Pete to Buffalo on Wednesday and this will be a long day of driving! 

I plan to spend a few hours cleaning and organizing my room this evening and tomorrow.  It has frown messy again while I was sick.  I am actually looking forward to spending time on this activity.  I value neatness and being clean, but do not generally enjoy the act of cleaning itself.  At least until recently. 

This evening, I attended a meeting of the Green Committee at the Highland home.  I am a quiet environmentalist.  I am not a fan of huge gestures, but realistic goals that one can actually achieve.  I often find it frustrating when people try to force their beliefs and actions on you.  I may not be radical, but it does not mean that I am not passionate about an issue.  The meeting was lovely.  It was discussion oriented, with people sharing thoughts and ideas.  I think that I am really going to enjoy this committee.

Music: "Ordinary Miracle" - Sarah McLachlan

No comments:

Post a Comment